Conserving energy and preserving the environment are at the core of what we do at Stellitano Heating and Air Conditioning. We recycle old equipment whenever possible and our technicians are trained to be environmentally responsible. Our team stays up to date on the latest energy-efficient equipment and eco-friendly products as part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability and the health of our customers.
Here are just a few simple suggestions to help you “go green”:
- Maintain your home’s HVAC equipment twice yearly to increase fuel efficiency and optimize your equipment’s performance.
- Change your air filters. Dirty air filters slow down air flow and force your system to work harder.
- If you are considering installing a new AC system, make sure it has Puron® refrigerant, a chlorine-free and non-ozone-depleting refrigerant that’s safe for the environment.
- Properly install higher Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) and Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rated equipment.
- Consider switching to a geothermal heating and cooling system.
- Install an Energy Star-qualified programmable thermostat.
- Replace old windows and/or install drapes or blinds.
- Properly insulate your home (all walls, ceilings, windows, floors and doors).
- Have your contractor inspect the ductwork in your home to ensure it is sealed properly.
- Turn your water heater down to 120°.
- Turn your thermostat down to 68° in the winter and up to 78° in the summer.
- Turn off lights and unplug unnecessary items or appliances when you’re not using them.
- Replace light bulbs with Energy Star CFL bulbs.
- Turn off the water when brushing your teeth.
- Take quicker showers and install low-flow shower heads and faucets.